8.15.2009

Pop!

This is my first post on this blog, which is why you'll not find any other blog postings on this page, being as it's my first. As I mentioned.

At a Yo Gabba Gabba party last night, with some of the most unbelievable friends anybody could hope to have, my friend Tab suggested that I start a blog. A cooking blog. A place where I can post recipes, tips, crude remarks, point out incredible cookbooks, etc. So I did.

Hi. I'm Jason. I work in a cafe in Virginia Beach, VA (though not for long, as I am about to make a huge move from southeastern VA to northern VA). I am a vegetarian. I cook a ton of vegetarian food. My wife, Tanya, is a vegan. I cook a ton of vegan food. I love to cook. I love to bake.

I'm not a trained chef, which mostly means that I am not a douche bag. It also means that I won't post any recipes that call for liquid nitrogen, ingredients that are only found on Saturn, and I will not wear crocs in the kitchen (looking at you, Mario Fatali). I learned how to cook by being put in a kitchen and told to cook.

What I am is someone who loves cooking. And someone who has a lot of experience making vegan and vegetarian foods. I'll post recipes I have found, some I may have made up myself, and occasionally I'll have friends post on here for me, some of my friends are amazing cooks, friends who make me question how I make a living cooking food.

Hopefully I'll meet other people with the same passions.

So that's it. I hope you like it.

Jason

2 comments: